Criminal Law

What can I do if I am dissatisfied with my conviction and/or sentence?

By 14 January 2022 No Comments

If you are dissatisfied with your conviction and/or sentence, you may lodge an appeal by filing a Notice of Appeal within 14 days of the date on which you were sentenced.

You may only appeal against your conviction if you claimed trial to the charges against you. However, regardless of whether you pleaded guilty or claimed trial, you can appeal against the sentence imposed.

If you were sentenced to a term of imprisonment, you may also apply to be released on bail pending appeal. However, if you were sentenced to a fine, you will normally have to pay the fine even if you have filed an appeal against the sentence.

If you require more information that are not listed in our articles, or legal advice on a specific matter, please contact us for a free first consultation.