(Civil Litigation & Arbitration)
Civil Litigation is a complex, long-drawn and draining process which requires constant attention, advice and strategizing at every stage of the proceedings.
From the preparatory stages before a suit is commenced to the end of the appeal, our team is experienced in handling civil disputes and are committed in guiding you through difficult and complex situations with close communication and collaboration while being cost-efficient.
We strive to achieve the best possible outcome for you, whether it is a settlement or a victory at trial.
Our services in this area of law include:
- General Commercial Litigation
- Director and Shareholder Disputes
- Investment Disputes
- Employment Litigation
- Construction-related Litigation
- Complex Trust Disputes
- Property-related Disputes
- Torts Litigation
- International Arbitration
As a boutique mid-size firm with more than 10 lawyers in our Dispute Resolution team, we are well-equipped to assist you in your litigation needs in a cost-efficient manner.
We have experience with litigation proceedings in both the State Courts and High Court of Singapore. Our experience includes successfully arguing for an urgent interim injunction in the High Court, successfully obtaining summary judgment for a breach of contract suit and representing both individuals and corporations at trial for a wide gamut of civil claims spanning from tort claims, contractual disputes, breach of renovation works, defamation suits and investment disputes.
Our team also has experience in international arbitration proceedings in the SIAC.
Example of Cases handled:
- Successfully represented a Chinese pharmaceutical company in SIAC proceedings against a domestic supplier in claims for breaches of implied terms.
- Represented the wife of a former manager in the High Court in claims brought by the former employer company who brought claims for causing losses by unlawful conspiracy.
- Successfully represented a local landlord in obtaining summary judgment for claims in breach of contract.
- Successfully obtained an urgent interim injunction for a local distributor for trademark infringement.
- Representing contractors, interior designers and end-users in renovation-related proceedings for claims in defective works, unpaid sums and valuation disputes.
- Representing individuals in defamation proceedings.