(Civil Litigation & Arbitration)
Civil litigation is the process in which civil matters are resolved before a court of law and it could stem from either individual or business interests. As the litigation process is extensive, many factors and considerations have to be taken into account before the commencement of any litigation process.
Here at Kalco, our team of lawyers hold diverse experiences in various fields and industries, and are well-equipped with the litigation proceedings in both the State Courts and Supreme Courts. We seek to provide reliable and sound legal advice that is to the best of your interest in meeting your needs, whether you are pursuing or defending your legal rights.
From the pre-litigation stages, to the commencement of litigation proceedings and the conclusion of the civil matter, we are committed to guiding you with open communication in order to obtain the best possible solution for you.
Our experience in Dispute Resolution includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- General Commercial litigation
- Director and Shareholder Disputes
- Investment Disputes
- Employment Litigation
- Construction-related litigation
- Complex Trust Disputes
- Property-related Disputes
- Torts Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- International Arbitration proceedings in the SAIC
Some of our more notable achievements include:
- Successfully representing a Chinese pharmaceutical company in SIAC proceedings against a domestic supplier in claims for breaches of implied terms
- Representing the wife of a former manager in the High Court in claims brought about by the former employer for causing losses by unlawful conspiracy
- Successfully representing a local landlord in obtaining summary judgement in claims for breach of contract
- Successfully obtaining an urgent interim judgement for a local distributor for trademark infringement