Criminal Defence & Litigation
Being charged with a criminal offence and navigating the criminal justice system can be a harrowing and rough experience.
At Kalco, Criminal Defence and Litigation is not just another area of legal practice but an integral part of who we are. Our team of experienced lawyers comprises former police officers and state prosecutors who are deeply committed to ensuring that our clients understand and exercise their rights and obligations throughout the criminal investigation process and court proceedings. This includes negotiating with prosecutors to reduce, compound or drop the charges, taking your case to trial or mitigating for lighter sentences. Whichever stage you are at, we endeavour to provide you with the best legal representation – a high standard which we hold ourselves to.
With ties to various religious and non-profit organisations including halfway houses, the Kalco team is able to offer a well-rounded myriad of solutions to meet your needs. Most importantly, we pride ourselves in offering honest advice that is to the best of your interest.
Given our exceptional track record at obtaining optimal outcomes for our clients, let us help you make the best informed choice.
Our experience in criminal matters includes (but is not limited to) the following types of offences:
- Cheating, forgery and criminal breach of trust
- Customs Act
- Sexual Offences
- Drug Offences
- Road Traffic Offences
- Public Order
- Women’s Charter
- Securities and Futures Act
- Companies Act
- Offences relating to the person (including hurt and homicide)
- Military offences subject to Court Martial proceedings under the SAF Act
Some of our more notable achievements include:
- Successfully obtaining a withdrawal of all Women’s Charter charges against our client
- Partnering with mobile forensics experts to produce a report disputing Technology Crime Branch / Home team X forensics report